Ladies’ Climbing Evening
Calling all female boulderers!!
Every fortnight on Friday there will be a ladies climbing evening at Boulder Central. These nights are designed to be fun and sociable, as well as including training by experienced female instructors. What’s more, we’re rewarding all of our lovely ladies with free shoe hire and a hot drink on the night! Standard price for entry applies.
Both members and signed in guests (age 14+) can take part in the evening, so feel free to bring along friends! The instruction will vary each fortnight, and will include working problems as a group, general advice on climbing, and sessions focused on technique from 7pm – 10pm, but you are free to take advantage of the other ladies night perks from 6pm.
A usual evening breakdown is as follows:
- 7-7.30 arrive and warm up
- 7.30-8.30 themed coaching workshop (see dates and topics below)
- 8.30 tea/coffee and cake break
- 9-10 relaxed climbing with the coaches
With experienced instructors and other female climbers on hand to give advice on technique, Boulder Central’s ladies nights are the perfect way to improve your climbing in a social environment!
n.b. Men and Women are still allowed to attend the evenings to climb as normal, however instruction, free drink and shoe hire will only be available to the females taking part in the session!
Upcoming ladies nights will have these following coaching themes:
- 19/05/2017 – Footwork
- 02/06/2017 – Roof climbing
- 16/06/2017 – Falling and spotting
- 30/06/2017 – Flexibility, mobility and yoga workshops
- 14/07/2017 – Power endurance
- 28/07/2017 – Hold types and climbing terminology
- 11/08/2017 – Route reading
- 25/08/2017 – Heel/toe hooks
- 08/09/2017 – Upper body
- 22/09/2017 – Finger strength